What can I do with an American Studies Degree?
Explore our programs, see where our alumni are now, and learn how American Studies can help you get where you’re going.
|Alexandra Domrongchai is a recent AMST undergrad alum working at Food & Wine magazine.||Listen, Consider, Evolve
by Elijah Heyward III, Allan Jones
Southern Cultures, Vol. 28, No. 1: Crafted
|Katy Clune is Virginia’s state folklorist and director of the Virginia Folklife Program.|
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH AN AMERICAN STUDIES DEGREE?
Check out what some of our program alums are doing with theirs….
- Molly Hall-Martin
- AC Locklear LinkedIn Profile
- Sarah Barger LinkedIn Profile
- Katlin Roberts LinkedIn Profile
- Coty Brayboy LinkedIn Profile
- Spencer Schold LinkedIn Profile
- Jeremy Locklear LinkedIn Profile
- Jamison Lowery LinkedIn Profile
- AJ Briggs Hunt American Indian Center
- Zianne Richardson LinkedIn Profile
- Claire Beiter, Masters in Folklore, Operations Coordinator, Charlotte Symphony
- Claire Bunschoten, Ph.D., Abbott Lowell Cummings Postdoctoral; Fellow in American Material Culture at Boston University in the American & New England Studies Program
- Katy Clune, Masters in Folklore, Virginia State Folklorist and Director of the Virginia Folklife Program
- Ina Dixon, Ph.D., Virginia Humanities Fellow
- Ali Domrongchai, BA in American Studies, Editorial Fellow, Food & Wine magazine; writer, Travel & Leisure magazine
- Charlotte Fryar, Ph.D., Humanities educator, naturalist, historian, and environmentalist writer, faculty at Episcopal High School
- Elijah Gaddis, Ph.D., Professor, Co-director of the Public History Program, Auburn University
- Emily Hilliard, Masters in Folklore, Instructor, Writer, and Media Producer, Berea College
- Burgin Mathews, Masters in Folklore, Author, Teacher, Radio Host community arts events organizer, and founder of the Southern Music Research Center
- Meredith McCoy, Ph.D., Professor of American Studies and History, Carleton College
- Trista Reis Porter, Ph.D., Executive Director, Greenville Museum of Art
- Stefani Priskos, Masters in Folklore, Fellow, John C. Campbell Folk School
- Zoe Van Buren, Masters in Folklore, Folklife Director, North Carolina Arts Council