State and National Resources:
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255; or the Crisis Text Line by texting HOME to 741741. This service is available 24/7. It is free and confidential.
- Suicide prevention resources | AFSP
- NAMI North Carolina – NAMI North Carolina (naminc.org)
Additional UNC mental health resources, courtesy of UNC School of Social Work:
- 11JUN_Mental-Health-Resources.pdf (unc.edu)
- Open Path Psychotherapy Collective is a nonprofit nationwide network of mental health professionals dedicated to providing in-office and online mental health care—at a steeply reduced rate—to individuals, couples, children, and families in need.
- Melanin Therapy is a comprehensive directory of treatment options designed to meet the unique mental health needs of African-Americans and people of color.
- Sara Pequeno Twitter Thread with Additional Resources